« Home | GMail Mobile » | The War on Christmas Dispatches » | Dulles Toll Road » | Random Stuff » | Common Census » | Christmas Cancelled » | War on Xmas » | Hope for Arrested Development » | MD Soccer - 2005 National Champions » | Everybody Hates Kwame Brown » 

Friday, December 16, 2005 

Google - AOL

Google will pay $1 bln for 5 pct AOL stake: report

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Google Inc. (NasdaqNM:GOOG - News) plans to pay $1 billion for a 5 percent stake in Time Warner Inc.'s (NYSE:TWX - News) online unit AOL, The Wall Street Journal reported on Friday, citing people familiar with the situation.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Google Buying Stake in AOL for $1 Billion

"This is our dream come true," one source familiar with AOL and Time Warner's strategy said. "Our fates are intertwined."


The five-year deal gives Time Warner the choice of maintaining its 95 percent ownership stake in AOL, or keeping majority ownership while spinning off a portion of AOL to shareholders as a way of boosting its stock price.


Me (4:27:20 PM): but yeah, with aol google
Me (4:27:32 PM): i like to think of some group of 19 employees here as working 100% for aol
Me (4:27:35 PM): and i work for google
Me (4:27:43 PM): thats how i like to think of it
dma(4:28:27 PM): hahahha
dma(4:28:37 PM): point and laugh at all of them
Me (4:28:42 PM): haha exactly
dma(4:28:44 PM): "you all work for aol! i work for google!"
dma(4:28:46 PM): hahaha

Or you can look at it as 5% of the time you spend at work is wasted ... I mean spent on Google and the remaining 95% is for AOL. I am willing to bet you're already spending at least 5% of your time on maintaining this blog (or related activities such as reading articles), which is hosted by Google.

Post a Comment

The Blog

    My blog full of random crap.
    History/Stages of this blog:
    1. Completely random crap
    2. G-Dub is stupid...really stupid. why are you voting for him..seriously
    3. everyone sucks (for voting for G-Dub)
    4. Google Lovefest
    5. YouTube Lovefest
    6. The Wire Lovefest
    7. Wii Lovefest
    8. Sporadic Posts
    (with UMD sports stuff mixed in everywhere)


    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Chris McCoy. Make your own badge here.
    This plugin requires Adobe Flash 9.

    Get Firefox!
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates