« Home | want it, keep it » | Allan Ray » | Flavor of Love » | "What the F was that?" » | Mario Question Blocks » | "We beg to differ" » | Your jobs your credit » | Google Calendar » | In2TV » | Doomed Dukies » 

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 

I Hate Chris Duhon

Thank you ESPN, for putting this story on your front page...reminding me of that damn shot that made me lose money and made me hate stupid @#%^@#$ Chris Duhon even more


The shot heard 'round the sports books


Two years ago in the national semifinal game between Duke and Connecticut, Duhon, a guard for the Blue Devils, hit a 38-foot shot at the buzzer. It was his 125th career 3-pointer. It came in his 4,183rd minute as a Duke basketball player. And it was the last shot of his collegiate career. Beyond that, it meant nothing to Duhon at the time. Three points wasn't enough. Duke was down by four. UConn won the game, 79-78.
"I knew that was it for me," Duhon says now. "My last college game. That was the first thought that came into my head. After it went in, I was about to cry and went down on my knees when Ben [UConn guard Ben Gordon] picked me up. I congratulated him, and they moved on from there."

But countless others had a much harder time moving on from there. In most sports books, the spread for the game was two points. To a certain segment of the population, Duhon's shot had immediate meaning. Major meaning.

Anyone who had bet on Connecticut had now lost. Duhon's shot meant Duke had covered.


The next day, ESPN.com reported that
the shot likely shifted something between $30 million and $100 million in bets from one side to the other.

The Blog

    My blog full of random crap.
    History/Stages of this blog:
    1. Completely random crap
    2. G-Dub is stupid...really stupid. why are you voting for him..seriously
    3. everyone sucks (for voting for G-Dub)
    4. Google Lovefest
    5. YouTube Lovefest
    6. The Wire Lovefest
    7. Wii Lovefest
    8. Sporadic Posts
    (with UMD sports stuff mixed in everywhere)

Links

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Chris McCoy. Make your own badge here.
    This plugin requires Adobe Flash 9.

    Get Firefox!
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates