« Home | DC Radio News » | Blitz: Playmakers » | I Hate: The FCC » | The South... » | Virginians - You're no longer breaking the law.. » | The Stop Ashlee Simpson Petition » | EA teams up with ESPN » | Nail embedded in man's skull for 6 day » | Sitcom or Dictator » | I Hate Duke » 

Monday, January 17, 2005 

Wash Post Tivo ToGo Review

The Washington Post has a review of the new Tivo ToGo feature for Series 2 Tivos. I'm waiting until I get my USB wireless adapter before I test it out, but Im thinking that the feature will be great as I try to encourage my roommates to watch episodes of Smallville (yes, I'm talking to you Sheel, Dave) on their computers instead of tying up the TV while the NFL playoffs are on!

Recordings Made Way Too Hard ToGo

The negatives from what I've read:
- Xfer time is really slow. Looks like 2 hours for a show? I wonder what if his network was messed up.
-If there is an error transferring the file, tivo doesnt pick up from where it left off, it has to start all over again - thats some shit.
- 2 hours of footage = > 2.5 gigs of data.
- Every single time you try to watch something, you have to type in your playback password.

The Blog

    My blog full of random crap.
    History/Stages of this blog:
    1. Completely random crap
    2. G-Dub is stupid...really stupid. why are you voting for him..seriously
    3. everyone sucks (for voting for G-Dub)
    4. Google Lovefest
    5. YouTube Lovefest
    6. The Wire Lovefest
    7. Wii Lovefest
    8. Sporadic Posts
    (with UMD sports stuff mixed in everywhere)

Links

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Chris McCoy. Make your own badge here.
    This plugin requires Adobe Flash 9.

    Get Firefox!
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates